SCL Rotterdam has developed into a true Customs expert over the years when it comes to import and export of cars and other vehicles. To avoid delays or unnecessary issues we work together with our customers to make sure everything is in order. Please read below which documents and details we need to make sure your Customs processing is smooth and quick.
Departure from the United States or Canada
Before we can load and ship your vehicle in the U.S. we require the following documents:
- Original Title Certificate
- Bill of Sale
- Shipper's Export Declaration (SED) (document with details of seller and buyer)
For shipments from Canada a copy of the Title Certificate will suffice. For USA shipments, Customs require the original Title. We can assist with creating a SED for you for USA shipments.
Arrival in The Netherlands / Europe
As soon as your container has been unloaded from the ship, SCL Rotterdam will take care of the correct documentation at Dutch Customs and will arrange the release of your container at the shipping company. As soon as the container has been unloaded at our warehouse we can start the release procedures with Customs. To proceed with the Customs handling we will need the following documents:
- Direct Representation (an official form which authorizes SCL to represent you at Customs)
- Bill of Sale
- A copy of the original Title Certificate
- VAT-number (only if you would like to clear the vehicle in the name of your company)
- Customs Exemption (for import duties, VAT and BPM: only if your are **relocating your vehicle as a part of your household goods when you are moving to Europe)
The above mentioned documents will generally suffice to get your vehicle released by Customs without any issues. Before Customs will release the vehicle(s) any import duties and taxes will need to be paid.