Get in touch:
+3110 427 77 20
Get in touch:
+3110 427 77 20

If you are moving to Europe from a country outside of the EU it can be highly interesting to take your car, bike or other vehicle with you. If your specific situation meets a few requirements, you can request an exemption permit for removal goods with Dutch Customs. This means that you do not have to pay import duties, VAT or BPM (Dutch Vehicle Tax). This can save you a considerable amount of money in comparison to buying a car in Europe. SCL Rotterdam has helped many international expats and immigrants to obtain such a relocation permit. We can also perform the required adaptation to EU vehicle regulations, register your car for Dutch license plates and take care of the BPM calculation and declaration. Using our service, your car is ready to drive immediately when it leaves our warehouse!

Benefits using SCL for vehicle relocations

  • Experts in cost-effective vehicle shipping
  • No import duties, VAT and BPM with the correct permit
  • Adapting to EU regulations, NL license plates and BPM-filing handled completely
  • Shipping of goods inside or with the car is possible

Moving your car as a part of your household goods

You can potentially save thousands of euros if you are able to ship your vehicle as a part of your normal household goods. Dutch Customs has set some groundrules that have to be considered if you would like to use this "Exemption for Personal Removal Goods". You are eligible for this exemption if you meet the following requirements:

  • You are moving to the Netherlands (or another EU-country) from a non EU-country.
  • You are able to prove that you have lived in a non EU-country for at least 12 months.
  • The goods belong to your household goods.
  • You have had the goods in possession and in use for at least six months.
  • You have been using the goods as a part of your household goods and you will be using them as such again.
  • You will bring the goods into free traffic within twelve months after relocating.
  • You will not lend, hire, pawn or sell the goods within 12 months after import.

Furthermore, you need to be able to provide the vehicle's Original Certificate of Title and the Bill of Sale.

SCL Rotterdam has much experience in requesting exemptions. Use our experience to your advantage to save time and money! Feel free to contact us for more information or request your free personal quotation directly.

Shipping goods together with the vehicle

It is allowed to ship small personal (household) goods inside or together with the vehicle, such as used clothing, small equipment or other goods. All the goods need to be specified and listed upon delivery at our warehouse of departure. We will declare the personal goods at Dutch Customs, so they need meet the same requirements as stated above for your vehicle. It is not allowed to ship newly purchased equipment etc. together with your vehicle under the same import license!