Get in touch:
+3110 427 77 20
Get in touch:
+3110 427 77 20

SCL Rotterdam has become a true Customs expert over the years when it comes to import and export of cars and other vehicles. When you are moving to The Netherlands (or another EU-country) you can move your car(s) with you as part of your household good under certain conditions. This means you will not have to pay any VAT, import duties and BPM (Dutch vehicle tax) for your vehicle.

Customs upon arrival in Holland

To get your moving vehicle(s) cleared at Customs upon arrival in The Netherlands we require the following documents:

  • Direct Representation (an official form which authorizes SCL to represent you at Customs)
  • Bill of Sale
  • A copy of the original Title Certificate
  • Customs exemption permit for removal goods

The above mentioned documents will generally suffice to get your vehicle released by Customs without any issues.

Moving your car as part of your household goods

Dutch Customs has set some conditions when it comes to moving your vehicle(s) as part of your household goods:

  • You are moving to the Netherlands (or another EU-country) from a non EU-country.
  • You are able to prove that you have lived in a non EU-country for at least 12 months.
  • The goods belong to your household goods.
  • You have had the goods in possession and in use for at least 6 months.
  • You have been using the goods as a part of your household goods and you will be using them as such again.
  • You will bring the goods into free traffic within 12 months after relocating.
  • You will not lend, hire, pawn or sell the goods within 12 months after import.

Furthermore, you need to be able to provide the vehicle's Original Certificate of Title and the Bill of Sale.

Benefits of relocating your car to Europe

  • You don't pay VAT on import
  • You don't pay Import Duties
  • You don't pay BPM (Dutch Vehicle Tax)